Proper nutrition is essential for giving you and your family the energy you need to tackle each day, and it’s also important for promoting a healthy system overall. But what happens when you don’t get all of the vitamins and minerals you need from diet alone?
If you or your family members haven’t been feeling your best, some extra nutritive support may be able to help, and a supplement routine is a simple, effective way to get it.
What Supplements Bring To The Table
Vitamins and minerals are two types of essential nutrients that help bodies develop and function optimally. Some of the vitamins and minerals that you can take as supplements include:
- Vitamin D: Known lovingly as the “sunshine vitamin,” Vitamin D may help support strong, healthy bones and teeth.
- Vitamin B-12: Frequently found in red meat, this form of B vitamin is thought to promote healthy energy, and it may also support proper brain development1 and nerve function.
- Iron: An essential mineral often present in legumes and leafy greens, iron helps keep a number of bodily functions running properly. From healthy energy levels to protected immunity, iron offers a wide range of benefits.
- Vitamin A: If you’ve ever heard the advice that you should “eat carrots so you don’t need glasses,” you already know about one of the major benefits of vitamin A—even if you don’t realize it. Vitamin A may help a number of organs work properly,2 but it’s especially helpful for promoting vision health.
- Calcium: This vital mineral is excellent for supporting strong bones and healthy circulation, making it a great supplement for people of all ages who want to maintain active lives.
If you’re especially intentional with your family’s diet, you may already have a good idea of which nutrients you want to increase. Even if you’re not sure where to start, you’ll quickly find that incorporating supplements into your household is simple.
Introducing Supplements Into Your Lifestyle
The right supplements can fill in any nutritional gaps left by diet and lifestyle, and you can customize your supplement routine to perfectly suit your needs.
You can add individual vitamins and minerals to your diet if you’re concerned about one deficiency in particular, or opt for a multivitamin to provide all of the nutrients you need in one fell swoop. For example, our Dinosaurs MultiSaurus vitamins have been specifically formulated with 11 different vitamins and minerals that kids need to live their most active, supported lifestyles.
The right multivitamin gives you low-effort peace of mind that your family is getting the nutrition they need, and some multivitamins even come with added benefits, like enhanced energy. As great as multivitamins are in certain situations, they aren’t the only option.
Perhaps your nutritional concerns are very specific; in that case, an individual supplement may certainly do the trick. Maybe you live in a low-sun region and want to ensure that your family gets enough Vitamin D with Citrus DropIns, or your household sticks to a vegetarian diet so you want to include a raspberry-flavored B-12 ActivMelt in your daily routine.
No matter which supplements best fit with your lifestyle, you’ll love the benefits that you enjoy from implementing a specialized supplement routine, and you’ll feel more confident than ever in your family’s wellness once you do.
Take the steps to design a supplement routine for your family now so you can watch your loved ones thrive with complete nutrition for years to come.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.