It's no secret that magnesium is an essential nutrient to the body’s proper functioning. Magnesium levels can influence everything from stress to cardiovascular health. To learn more about how magnesium supplements may benefit you, check out our blog on the Top 5 Benefits of Magnesium.
Despite magnesium’s importance, many Americans may not be getting the daily recommended value of the mineral. Processed foods and soil depletion can make magnesium increasingly more difficult to find in the average American diet. Recent data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey show that as many as 48% of people in the United States don’t get the estimated average requirement.1
At KAL, we offer a full selection of magnesium supplements to help ensure that you get your daily recommended value of the mineral. We offer magnesium supplements as softgels, capsules, chewables and powders, so no matter what your preference is, you can get the magnesium you need.
Try incorporating our KAL Magnesium Powders into your favorite baked goods for a tasty way to get the mineral. Here's how to make our favorite bran muffin recipe with KAL Magnesium Powder:
- 4 tablespoons KAL HEART Magnesium Powder
- 1 cup wheat bran
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- Combine the boiling water, magnesium and bran and let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Combine the remaining bran, whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Separately cream the butter and sugar.
- Add molasses and eggs to the butter sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl add the dry mixture to the wet mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients mixing briefly each time dry ingredients is added.
- Refrigerate batter for 12 hours.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-25 minutes
For more vitamins, minerals and herbs designed to help you and your family live a healthier life, shop at KALvitamins.com.