Fruits and vegetables contain essential nutrients that help support a child’s growth and development. And yet, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that most children do not eat the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables:1
|½ to 1 cup
|2/3 to 1 cup
|1 to 1½ cup
|1 to 2 cups
|1 to 2 cups
|1½ to 2½ cups
If your child is one of the many who struggle to eat the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables, consider a one-a-day kids multivitamin. Research demonstrates that a high-quality multivitamin that contains a range of multiple micronutrients paired with a healthy diet may help support growth and development, including brain function.2
Natural Multivitamin for Kids
When considering a multivitamin for kids, look for one that contains key vitamins including A, B, C, D, and E. And remember, several B vitamins are important including B6, B12, and folic acid. Vitamin B complex supports healthy energy production, while vitamins C and zinc are for immune support, and vitamins A and D will help support strong bones.
Here are some other positive characteristics to look for when choosing a multivitamin for kids:
- USDA-certified organic ingredients
- Soy free
- Peanut free
- No artificial flavors or colors
Parents also often ask, are gummy vitamins good for kids? The big appeal of gummies is that they taste great so it’s easy to get kids to take a one-a-day multivitamin, like our MultiSaurus Kids Organic Multivitamin Gummy. Remember, however, to keep gummy multivitamins out of reach of kids to prevent accidental overeating of the gummies.
Additional Dietary Advice
In addition to possibly adding a multivitamin to your child’s daily routine, the CDC recommends reducing empty calories from added sugars and solid fats which can be especially problematic for a child’s growth and development.3 The CDC reports that presently it is estimated that 40% of a child’s daily calories are coming from empty calories found in processed foods like soda, fruit drinks, desserts, pizza, and others, and most children are not drinking enough water every day.4
Children need proper nutrition. Through a combination of diet and a multivitamin for kids, you can help your child get the essential vitamins and minerals they need. What’s more, multivitamin gummies for kids are a kid-friendly format that your little ones will enjoy taking every day.
If you prefer a chewable multivitamin over a gummy, try our MultiSaurus Kids Multivitamin Chewable. For more tips on nutrition, mindful wellness practices, and helping your family feel their best, follow us on Facebook @kalvits and Instagram at @kalvitamins!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Good nutrition starts early. 2023;Apr 25. https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/features/nutrition-month/index.html
- Ip P, Ho F, Rao N, et al. Impact of nutritional supplements on cognitive development of children in developing countries: a meta-analysis. Scientific Reports. 2017;7. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-11023-4
- Poti JM, Slining MM, Popkin BM. Where are kids getting their empty calories? Stores, schools, and fast-food restaurants each played an important role in empty calorie intake among US children during 2009-2010. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2014;114(6):908-917. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4009391/?report=reader
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Childhood nutrition facts. 2022;Aug 5. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/nutrition/facts.htm